BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dominoes

My goal, right now, is to get a job and an apartment in the DC area. I've applied for several, and they all look like they'd be a good fit for me. One of them actually helped me realize that I had been leaving things off of my resume that could be valuable. My hope is to get one of these jobs, move down there, and get to work. Once I'm caught up with my student loan payments and settled, there are a few workshops and "boot camps" led by different media companies. The one I'm interested in is with the Travel Channel. What better way to build connections for the travel show I want to do than to actually train with the Travel Channel? Should I find myself with a free weekday, I'd look into subbing there, as I really want to find out if I would be a good teacher.

Should I not get hired there, the process for subbing here is moving along. I get fingerprinted on Tuesday and I'll have to schedule a physical for next week as well. While I have yet to hear back from anyone else around here, it is good to know I'll at least have something. Regardless, DC is my main focus.

In other random news, the final season of LOST started a couple of days ago. It was mind-blowing, as usual. Last night I finally got to PYT at the Piazza with Buddy, Mary, Roberta, Adam, and Alyssa. It was a pretty good time. They have bingo there in which the prizes are burgers, beer, and other food. Sweet deal.

Despite the moderately busy couple of days I've had, I still miss Abby. Being apart this time has been more difficult than I had expected. I hope we figure out a way to be closer together this summer. I miss my best friend.

Those are my thoughts for now. There's a blizzard coming, which will likely mean an extra dose of cabin fever for me this weekend. Times like these make me wish I had friends in NYC, DC, or Boston that I could stay with for a weekend or something. All of my friends either are in Philly or hundreds of miles away. I need to work on the area in between. Well, wish me luck with DC and have a lovely day. I'm off to download "Sound of Da Police."

0 comments: